Saturday, November 13, 2010

Cigar Box Guitars for Soldiers!


A group of us at the CigarBoxNation.com are committing to send as many instruments to active servicemen, servicewomen, and veterans as we can. I've built these first two to send off to my friend Matt who is stationed in a field hospital in Afghanistan with an international staff. I've got two more on the way which should be done in the days ahead. They are a little sturdier than my usual builds so they will stand up to a more vigorous life overseas. These are dulcimer tuned, because Matt is sharing them with folks who've never played before -- they practically play themselves because all the wrong notes have been taken out.

If you know of a active or retired servicemember who you think would like to own a ChicagoCBG (or one made by my brethren at the Nation!) drop me a line. It is bottomless cup of coffee!

Edited 12/25/10: Hey, look! This one made it to my friend Matt, safe and sound. Let's hope it helps keep him sane and sound!